Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Planning

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by MuchoBurrito, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MuchoBurrito

Builder

Paul Stoller likes this.
  2. Thercav8r

Thercav8r New
    Builder

What you have there is a legacy ornamental Mill you can check out their website at Legacywoodworking.com. I also have one of these machines and I'm currently building my deck rails with this. I don't want to destroy my mill but I'm looking for a way to make an ad on kit to supplement my existing Mill. I just wanted you to know what you had and I wish you success with your build. Here's a sample picture of what it can do

3. MuchoBurrito

Builder

Thanks for your reply and the info about the mill. My dad was using it mainly for various ornamental legs for furniture and candlestick holders. He had this machine in his 2 bedroom condo in an elderly community. His neighors must have loved hearing that router and his shopsmith going at it inside. Haha But he has slowed down a lot and decided to give his tools/machines to me to make space in his condo. I have plenty of uses for the shopsmith, but I don't have space for this mill, and I don't think I would I use it much, if at all. So with his approval I am attempting this project, which has definitely been fun so far. I'm currently waiting on a few ordered parts. As for the pieces from the mill that I end up not using, I'm considering making a mini version of the mill that I can hopefully easily store away, but I'll worry about that down the road. Regarding your mentioned sample picture, I'm having trouble seeing it. It doesn't appear to have been attached? Or perhaps it is user error on my part? Thanks again for your message.