Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Lineal and rotary UV inkjet printer

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Zentrix9, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Zentrix9

Zentrix9 New
    Builder

Hi I am looking to make a CNC Lineal and rotary UV inkjet printer.
    I want to be able to print on round pipe around 36" long but will also need to make something to rotate the pipe so I can print on the other side
    I know I can use the same principle as a CNC router/laser setup but its the print head stuff that I am stumped on.

Anyone know of any builds similar I can look at?

2. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

This is the problem i had etc. the hardware such as machine ink supply and engineering of machine is no problem but trying to get a uv ink compatible print head head driver board controller/ software will be next to impossible at a reasonable cost effectiveness. the way i see it is you could purchase a print head like a ricoh gen5 or 6, head board, head control board and main control card from somewhere like aliexpress but i imagine you will have issues customizing some of the Chinese software to function correctly for your setup, alternatively you could try somewhere like Your innovation partner for industrial inkjet applications - Global Inkjet Systems