Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Choosing a V-Wheel , which one is better ?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Mauricio Solid, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mauricio Solid

Mauricio Solid Journeyman
    Builder

Hi guys
    I need to know the real performance diferences between all v-whell (xtreme, solid, derlin, xtreme solid)
    which's one suit better to desktop CNC (12"x24").
    I really hope that you can help me to decide or have a better reference to make a good choose at time to design a cnc or 3d print

#1 Mauricio Solid, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Builder

That all depends on what you mean by common appliance. Are you building a dishwasher or a toaster... or what? (A proper level of info goes a long way on this forum. Lack of it goes nowhere.)

3. Mauricio Solid

Builder

Yeah, i didn't know why i'm wrote common appliance, :p, i'm already deleted, by the way i searched yesterday to give me an idea, it looks that the Xtreme solid V-Wheel is stronger compared to normal solid wheel. so, my question still is the normal V-Wheel ok for a little CNC or short desktop CNC? something like 1'x2' intent to carve wood, or plastic no more.

4. sgspenceley

sgspenceley Master
    Builder

I recently purchased the xtreme solid wheels. They are well made and good for hobby cnc machine and fit very well in the extruded profile. Personally I would not buy the cheaper versions for a cnc machine unless you plan on doing only light duty Cnc work.

GrayUK likes this.
  5. Mauricio Solid

Builder

yeah, i'm already starting to understand the purpose of the whole concept of the variants of V-Wheel