Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Center work piece/mach 3 issue?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by usafsoc, Feb 12, 2018.

1. usafsoc

usafsoc New
    Builder

Hello all!

Seeking some assistance with a small problem. I am running the CNC OX and Mach 3. I use Fusion 360 to create my G-code. Per Fusion 360 the G-code looks good, runs good, and I am confident my starting point is the center of my work piece. Just for info, I placed my G-code into ChiliPepper and it works perfectly.

My problem is that when I zero my machine over the center of my work piece and start the Mach 3 program, it takes off back towards home and does not even stay within the boundaries of my work piece.

Chilipepper shows my first cut directly underneath my starting point (center of my work piece). It drops my router straight down on the Z axis and begins as I wanted it too. Mach 3 however wants to do whatever it thinks at the moment.

Only reason I was using Chilipepper was due to the fact that its a free simulator for me and works way better then the Mach 3 display window.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

2. usafsoc

usafsoc New
    Builder

Well, by playing with the machine today....I found out that it was motor tuning.

Here is the video that helped me figure it out. Easy to confuse these settings with a problem with Mach3 settings, Fusion 360 settings, or G-code.

GrayUK likes this.