Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Cbeam Digital Mitre Saw Fence

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Makerparts, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Makerparts

Makerparts Well-Known
    Builder

2. Metalguru

Metalguru Veteran
    Builder

That's pretty cool, Adam. I've been thinking about making one of these for a while now.

So I'm assuming the Wixey will be just a visual measurement, is there a way to actually get digital position data from the thing? I have one of those on my table saw, and also my planer, but never thought to use it in this application.

Not a big deal, I suppose, once you calibrate it you can return to a given position easily.

Now you need an Arduino with a display and keyboard to run it....

MG

3. Makerparts

Makerparts Well-Known
    Builder

Id love to get that working but im not well versed with programming arduinos.
    other then updating marlin config.

4. Metalguru

Metalguru Veteran
    Builder

Hey Adam:

Just use an Arduino with GRBL loaded, a stepper driver module, and a PC running something like GRBL Panel. It would be crude, but effective. I want to build one of these 1.5m long, but I have no source for lead screw that long.

Looks like you 3D printed the brackets that mount the sensor track, as well as the mount for the readout module. Would you be interested in selling those parts to us poor slobs without 3D printers?

Where did you get the Wixey readout system? I have looked at several sources in Canada, but they are all pretty greedy price wise.

Also, how do you lock the C-Beam carriage in place for making cuts?

MG