Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Cant log in to update support tickets?

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by Timber n Thyme, May 18, 2022.

1. Timber n Thyme

Builder

Are customers not allowed to log in to support to update their tickets?

This seems strange and i would think it must be a bug in the platform.

When i try to "log in" to update a ticket my openbuilds password doesn't work. when i click reset password I get the "You are not authorised to access this portal. Kindly contact your helpdesk administrator." message.

(BTW I copy pasted the message I got, I know how authorized is spelled, it's just misspelled on the message displayed)

How does one update a support ticket?

Further is support on vacation? Not that I have had to use it a ton, but the few times I have had to reach out to support as my order was shipped incorrectly, I have always had a reply back within 8 hours. Pushing close to 24 hours now with no reply. I have a 3 week old dead router and what is now akin to a $3,000 paperweight taking up half of my shop. I'd like to know if this router is going to be replaced under warranty, it ate 3 sets of brushes and burned its speed control circuit up.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

By replying to the email

3. Timber n Thyme

Builder

I never got an e-mail when the tickets were created, may be a bug there. I did when my order was shipped with missing parts and i created a ticket for that, but when I selected warranty from the dropdown list, i never got a "ticket created" e-mail.

I have since gotten a reply just a minute ago from support. Glad i'll be getting my money back, but now not sure what to do. If the RoutER 11is having bearing issues, i dont think that is the route to go for a replacement. Guess i'll hit the forum later and see what other options are out there.

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Did you check your spam folder? Many email providers flag the emails as spam. I know Gmail does, or at least that has been my experience.