Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Can't jog, can't stop spindle, etc

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Jeremiah Brown, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Jeremiah Brown

Builder

Here we go again with more control issues.

I was able to bring the machine to its WCS, start the spindle, and now it says "please wait for machine to be idle before jogging"

I only want to make a simple manual cut so I can see how far off my vise is, after crashing the past few days for other problems.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please contact the store via Support for assistance - thank you!

Mark Carew likes this.
  3. Jeremiah Brown

Builder

So they can tell me to do a single troubleshooting step every 24 hours? Ok, got it.

4. Jeremiah Brown

Builder

Using the Dell laptop, I am able to use most of the functions it seems. Probing appears to be working except that there must be a diameter size limit. When I manually probe X/Y/Z for a 1.00" (25.4 mm) end mill it offsets the bit 1/2" too far on the y+ and x+, and would drive the bit into the workpiece if I were to select WCS.

No jogging issues so far on Dell.

5. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Not quite sure what you are saying, but wcs zero is set at the centre of the bit, so if 1/2 the diameter of the bit "overhangs" the corner of the workpiece that would be correct.
    Alex.

Gary Caruso and sharmstr like this.
  6. Jeremiah Brown

Builder

When I perform an x-zero, y-zero, z-zero instead of the x/y/z automatic sequence, it wasn't centering the bit correctly over the origin.

If I were to draw an axis through the very center of the cylindrical tool, that axis should line up with x/y/z on the origin of the workpiece - whether its set as the lower left corner, center , etc. In my case, I am using the lower left corner.

For whatever reason, something glitches or scrambles the blackbox such that it needs to reset itself before it can work properly. I have a few theories about what is going on with this.

It took me probing x-zero, y-zero, z-zero 5-6 times before it finally self-corrected. Its like the blackbox gets a glitch and hangs on to it, then discharges when its plugged in to a new machine/computer.