Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Can't get the X rails to fit

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by centurian, Mar 28, 2015.

1. centurian

centurian New
    Builder

I've managed to fit the 'Y' and the 'Z' rails to fit but the 'X' rail just wont fit. I've tried several ways but it just wont squeeze into the gap between the 'Z' rail plate and the back plate.

I wondered if any one else had problems with the plates I purchased from Ben.

Thanks.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

This issue was noted a few weeks ago in the OX thread. The problem is due to tolerances in the extrusion that have changed with the latest version. The plate drawings were updated about a week ago to version 8.1 to cover this. You will need to drill out the top holes a bit to allow more space between the axles. With the large head diameter of the screw and the 10mm diameter of the shims, drilling the holes out to 6.5 or 7mm should not have any adverse effect on the integrity of the system.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy New
    Builder

I've got the same issue. Although mine fit, they are extremely tight. I'd come to the conclusion that the top holes need drilling out slightly. Nice to know i was on the right track :)