Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Machine

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by FatGut, Dec 21, 2016.

1. FatGut

FatGut Well-Known
    Builder

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

Thank you for the kind words and also for the feedback on the software side of things. This is an area we are working to improve on moving forward :thumbsup:
    Still wanting to try out bCNC on this end

3. FatGut

FatGut Well-Known
    Builder

Mark,

The software side is really only an issue if you chose as I did to use open software!

I used a raspberry pi with a pi alamode and a CNC shield. So for under $100.00 at the time and not having to use a computer was great! Getting it all to work together was a pain.

The software was raspbian "Jessie" with the arduino IDLE, Grbl, and BCNC. It certainly opened my eyes to how incredibly talented people who can code are. I also used the sketch up program for some small parts. It's is an ongoing process of trial and error, but hey that's what learning/making is all about.......

Mark Carew likes this.
  4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

So true and I can promise that it will be getting better soon :) Keep up the great work looking forward to your first cuts!

5. dencnc

dencnc New
    Builder

FatGut,

I also have RPI3 with an alamode and a CNC shield v3. I have GRBL from zapmaker running and also have Universal Gcode Sender running but without the Visualizer. I really think that I would like bCNC but I am having trouble getting it going. I am getting a couplpe of errors at startup:

2016-12-27-175140_1824x984_scrot.png

then I get this error when selecting the port:

2016-12-27-181743_1824x984_scrot.png

I have installed python pyserial module several times. Any clues where to go now?

Attached Files:

6. dencnc

dencnc New
    Builder

Never mind. Removed pyserial-3.2.1 and installed pyserial-2.7 and everything works perfect now. Thanks.