Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Printer

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Kyo, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Kyo

Kyo Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Had a Idea tonight as I was sitting here working on a pcb schematic. So I decided to do a quick sketchup and video demo before I forgot my train of thought.. Inspired by the 3DP1000 and the C-Beam Machine.

This would allow a large non moving build platform as the tower moves along the Y axis and the Z axis is the tower and moves up and down the Y axis. The X axis / hot end carriage could move on a piece of 20x40 mounted to the top front of the tower. Ideas, thoughts? A design idea worth more development?

2. DiggerJ

DiggerJ Journeyman
    Builder

While sturdy for sure, I see too many places to telegraph vibration to the prints. How would you manipulate Z height? Fixed beds work great on a delta because of the 3 independently moving arms. Wen you start putting gantry's and dual motored rolling assemblies in the mix, it just seems like it starts going bad.
    I really like my Cartesians, but if I am to be honest, it is easier to get better prints on the deltas. If they don't twist, they just seem to make nice prints, and the ability to get larger print areas is pretty straight forward.

3. Kyo

Kyo Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

I have been happy with mine as well ( Cartesian printers) , and can not wait to get the delta running. You bring up some excellent points. This was more to jot down a quick idea and see what others thought then to actually build it. I have note books full of ideas I will probably never have the time to actually try out. lol :)