Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C Beam plate maker

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by nwconroe, Feb 14, 2016.

1. nwconroe

nwconroe New
    Builder

Hello I just bought the plate maker . great deal of parts ,inventory slips . not one book on what goes where ..
    I need the plan assembly book , or this is just 3 motors and some metal ..
    HELP !!!

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

The video on the main page should provide the directions you need. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to post a question. The parts should also already be separated out into x, y, & z in separate bags.

3. nwconroe

nwconroe New
    Builder

yeah they were some of the ziplock bags were open mixmatched of parts to sort .
    will try to find the video .. Still prefer at least an assembly book or parts exploded diagram .

4. Wiskerstwo

Builder

If you use sketchup, you can download the C beam plate maker and view from any angle even move them to see how it goes together.
    C-Beam™ Machine - Plate Maker | OpenBuilds

Get the controller software dl it has the sketchup files in it. They helped me tremendously with my C beam build.

#4 Wiskerstwo, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  5. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Veteran
    Builder

I'm just about finished with my c-beam build. I followed along with the YouTube video. Had to pause and rewind several times. But a lot of it is repetitive, so after the first time assembling an axis, the others were easier. The only suggestion I have is during the frame assembly. Make sure you check for square as you go in all directions. Good luck!

GrayUK and Mark Carew like this.
  6. BobbyO

BobbyO Well-Known
    Builder

Saw this before and got to thinking that not everyone is totally mechanical, and there are a lot of parts to one of these. I designed different equipment and a small assembly manual would not be a bad idea. I am going to look and see if I can put together a manual without getting too elaborate or time consuming. May need to get someone to email me the packing list, but I will ask for it if needed. Don't hold me to this, but I'm going to give it a try.
    Bobby