Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-beam machine build video suggestion

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Dave Parson, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Dave Parson

Builder

It would be great if some annotations could be added to the C-beam build video about having to cut the aluminum extrusions for the frame to length. Yesterday when I started my build I ran into issues with the short ~250mm ones being slightly different lengths, so this morning I fixed these with a table saw. Unfortunately tonight I ran into another issue where the 500mm ones are actually 510mm and discovered this would not work when trying to mount the X/Z gantry after completing the build of the frame. So I had to take everything apart in order to do more cuts tomorrow. So a little annotation about ensuring all the short aluminum extrusions are the same length and at least 2 of the long extrusions are the same length as the X-axis C-beam extrusion would have been a big help to a newbie like myself.

Mark Carew and Rick 2.0 like this.
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Great tip @Dave Parson thank you we will look into adding annotations for the cuts to the video.
    EDIT added, thanks