Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam gantry plate to belt

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Awestruck, May 28, 2018.

1. Awestruck

Awestruck New
    Builder

I'm considering the C-Beam for use in a delta style 3D printer that is inspired by the Tevo Little Monster. I'm looking at the C-Beam gantry plate, and first I was hoping to find a drawing that showed the holes sizes and spacing, something quick to look at.

More to the subject of the post, unlike the V-Slot plates, which have slots that are used for looping belts through, I don't see this on the C-Beam gantry plate. Is there an option to attach the belt without making something custom?

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Making something work without going truly custom really depends on the exact configuration required. One suggestion would be a post extending off the face of the plate that you can loop the end of the belt around. This is as simple as running an M5 screw through an oversize washer then through a spacer of sufficient length and then fastening through the plate either with a nut on the back side or with a drilled and tapped hole.

A copy of the pdf for the C-beam gantry plate is attached below.

Attached Files:

3. Awestruck

Awestruck New
    Builder

Thank you @Rick 2.0.

Your suggestion is simple and would work. (head smack) So simple, I didn't see it.

For the PDF you posted, where did you find that? I thought something like that would be on the OpenBuilds Part Store with each part. Or maybe a link to where a drawing set is. I found the 3D library downloads, however this drawing is what I need for now.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder