Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Dimensions Confusion

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by eleethesontai, Jul 8, 2017.

1. eleethesontai

Builder

Hello, im a little confused on the C-Beam dimensions. The pdf drawing from the pdf drawings folder that I downloaded has different dimensions then the ooznest pdf for the c-beam, as well as there is a difference between the slot in this rail in both of those files versus the other v-slot sizes (i.e. 20x20).

They all show the slot being 9.16 mm wide but the second dimension where it goes down and angle tapers off I am getting different dimensions the pdf for the v-slot 20x20 shows 6.25, where as the pdf from open builds shows 6.79 and ooznest shows 6.773. I downloaded the sketchup model from the where house and it agrees with the 6.773.

So my question is which dimension is correct? and why does this dimension not match the other V-Slot Rails? is it different on the c-beam for a reason?

Attached Files:

2. Kevon Ritter

Kevon Ritter Veteran
    Builder

I'm pretty sure it's all the same, but my question is, does it matter? It's all framework based on external dimensions. All supporting/accessory components will work on all openbuilds extrusions. Are you trying to cross it to a different extrusion profile?

3. Ryan Lock

Ryan Lock Veteran
    Builder

Not sure why our PDF is different, as it came from Openbuilds, but our rails are from Openbuilds, so they are the same.

Ryan