Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Cutting G10/Carbon Fiber (Longer Vids)

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by alex_b, Jun 29, 2016.

1. alex_b

alex_b Journeyman
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some more info on G10 and Carbon Fiber cutting with the C-Beam. I had done a previous build post on our flood coolant enabled C-Beam and have some new videos showing the C-Beam cutting out a new project of ours from fiber composites. There are a few operations shown, helical boring (as opposed to drilling), some 2D pocketing and some 2D contours.

One thing I've noticed about cutting with burr endmills is that you want to use as high an rpm as possible but not any higher. In this project we've noticed that we get a very nice edge finish at 18,000 rpm with a feed rate of 300 - 400 mm/min in 3.5mm carbon fiber plate at a full depth of cut with 1/8" endmills. The project is info is here on kickstarter and some full cutting videos are below:

If anyone has questions about cutting these materials just let me know, I'm happy to help! :)

Giarc likes this.