Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam bundle Questions

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by HogWild, Aug 24, 2015.

1. HogWild

HogWild New
    Builder

I'm looking at the C-Beam Bundle for a single axis project and I have a couple of questions.

- Will a NEMA 17 step motor fit the end cap supplied in the bundle? I need limited torque for this application so will need to go with either a NEMA 14 or NEMA 17 stepper motor. It appears the bundle is made to work with a NEMA 23 sized stepper motor so I'm unsure a NEMA 17 motor will bolt to the end cap.

- Does the flexible coupling work with both the NEMA 23 and NEMA 17 step motors?

Thanks!

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

No but you can use the NEMA 17 threaded rod plates with the C-Beam system.

nema 17 C-Beam.jpg
    There are enough required part changes however that the kit is probably not worthwhile. As for the flex coupler, the answer is probably not. The included coupler is for a 1/4" shaft and most NEMA 17s need a 5mm coupler. The file the above example came from is located at http://openbuilds.com/builds/c-beam™-actuator-example-builds.1955/#openbuilds_files. You should be able to easily break it down into the necessary components.

3. HogWild

HogWild New
    Builder

Thanks for this reply......very helpful.