Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Building CBeam

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Daniel Harbin, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Daniel Harbin

Builder

I have been wanting a cnc machine for the last 30 years but the price has always been out of my range. With the CBeam its around $900 or so including the router and electronics. I chose the CBeam because of the build logs and bundle. One thing would make it better is an expanded illustration of the different assemblies showing what goes where and how it fits together. So I am attempting to take step by step pics of the build, the build is simple but its the details that I miss.

I am going to use the XPro board because the build used that particular one and instructions are there for it. I'm gonna have enough work to make it work and figure out what to do. If all else fails there is a maker group in Las Vegas I can brain drain for solutions. I'm planning on using Fusion360 because of my Autocad experience.

I hope to start the build and finish in a week or so, but I have not ordered the brains and DC power supply. Which brings another question. The XPro says it can use a standard computer power supply. Has anyone had any experience with this? I looked at the docs and says you have to remove some jumpers by removing soldered connections.