Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Building a large 3d printer of volume 500mmX500mmX500mm

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Pradeep9, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Pradeep9

Pradeep9 New
    Builder

Hello everyone,

I need some help for my 3d printer, actually I making sailfish based 3d printer of size 500mm each having stable bed and vertically moving XY gantry.

I am done with the designing part and have somewhat completed my build and was testing the z axis with some combinations like--
    1. Lifting the z axis with two motors placed at center ,as this will not require any timing belt, and supporting the gantry with four 10mm smooth rods at the corners(refer picture- With two motors). But it didn't work well as while lifting the XY Gantry up and down there was no equal displacement of the gantry, i.e at one side it was higher while on the other side it was low. Even after adjusting the height of the four ends I get the same error and it was not constant value like sometimes there was 2mm height difference and sometimes less, because if that height difference was constant I could have adjusted my bed to counter that deviation.

2. Then I tried using 1 motor and 4 lead screw connected through timing belts (refer pic- With one motor and timing belt), I must say had a hard time finding the 3meter closed loop belt but didn't find then came accross some experimental videos on youtube and somehow joined the two ends of the belts, but when I tested it to lift the z axis it get struck at some places during upward motion however during down motion it was running smooth. I think there might be some issue with the rods alignment but don't know how I can correct that. Is there's any way to correct this issue?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files: