Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Build Instructions for Older Machine

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Martin Young, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Martin Young

Builder

Hi all. I purchased a used OpenBuilds machine - several years old - and I'm wanting to disassemble, clean and reassemble the spindle plate mechanism, including the belt pulleys and the wheels. I could just start in and disassemble things and put them back together, but I'm wondering if there are instruction/manual for this vintage machine, rails and wheels so I do it right. I know the tech is older and maybe obsolete, and I have already upgraded a few things - just trying to maximize what I've got. I've included some photos for clarity. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

That appears to be a custom built machine probably from before their were OpenBuilds machine kits. I would maybe take photos and sketch the parts.

3. Martin Young

Builder

I'm sure you're right about it not being a kit. Wondering if OpenBuilds had general building instructions for their various parts back then.

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yours appears to use Openrail mounted on the extrusions. Here is that product page. There is links to assembly directions. That may help. OpenRail Linear Rail

This was one of the links. X Y Table OpenRail / V-Slot Build Examples Also the Builds section of this forum has a lot of the information you may be seeking. You may have to go way back to pre 2020 time frame.

5. Martin Young

Builder

Thanks very much - this should be helpful.