Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox x32 with LB_CLUSTERS_ENABLE in Laser Plugin

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by jondale, Nov 1, 2023.

1. jondale

jondale New
    Builder

I have just hooked up a Blackbox x32 to run my laser (based on lasersaur build). Using the CONTROL software I started with the Acro 55 Profile and customized from there. Everything seems to be working (limit switches/homing, laser is firing correction, dimensions on everything is correct).

The raster performance seems to be a little slow in some cases. I would like to use LB_CLUSTER gcode as described in this discussion:
    Cluster mode for lasers! · grblHAL/core · Discussion #195

And implemented here:
    GitHub - grblHAL/Plugins_laser: grblHAL laser plugins
    with
    #define LB_CLUSTERS_ENABLE 1

I can tell that it is not enabled when I send $I to see settings. Is there a way that I could enable that with one of the profiles in CONTROL or should I build one at the online builder and try it?
    http://svn.io-engineering.com:8080/

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

online builder does have the option.
    give it a try (-:

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. terjeio

terjeio Well-Known
    Builder

You may also try to increase the number of planner buffer entries, set by $398. Default is 35, max is 1000. Do not set it too high - start with 100 - 200 and check for improvement. Note that changing this setting requires a cold start before it takes effect.
    I plan to add selection of faster baud rates in the next major commit, this and another planned change(s) may also help improve rastering performance. Expect these to become available mid december.

David the swarfer likes this.
  4. jondale

jondale New
    Builder

I did not seem to get much of a speed up by changing the buffer entries. The updates you mention seem promising but I'm having difficult finding them mentioned in the commit changes. Have they made it in one of the releases?