Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox Controller Issues - Workbee 750 x 1000mm

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by GRMark, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GRMark

GRMark New
    Builder

Hello to all. Hopefully this post makes it to the correct location in the forum.

I just completed the build of a Workbee 750 x 1000mm. The build turned out great and I'm excited to get this CNC router working. After looking at controller options I decided upon the Blackbox but have been unsuccessful in getting it to work. Here are the issues.

1. Red exclamation points associated with the X & Y axis.

2. Communication problems between the controller and my laptop which is a Macbook.

I downloaded the needed software from Openbuilds.com and followed along with a Youtube video covering the connections of this device to the CNC. My router has limit switches on both ends of each axis. The Mac connected without issues and I verified that all the limit switches were functional. I installed the profile for a Workbee1010 since I didn't see my configuration listed. I was aware of the size issues but didn't feel at the moment that this would be a concern.

Once I began to jog the machine the Z axis worked fine in both directions. One half of the Y axis also worked fine in both directions. The X axis did not work at all. I visually checked the wiring of all the motors and they were all correct. Each motor was plugged into the Z axis port and worked as expected. While I was doing this I noticed the "Red !" under the motor designation associated with the 2nd Y as well as the X axis. Referencing the documentation for the Blackbox this would indicate a problem with the motor/wiring. All motors worked fine on the Z axis. After a power off/on the "RED !" were visible even when there was no motor attached to those ports. At this point I just switched everything off and came to browse the forum for a possible solution. I didn't find anything that would seem to help.

Came back a couple of hours latter to try things again and now the Blackbox won't even recognize my computer.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Mark -

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. GRMark

GRMark New
    Builder

I bought the controller from Maker Store USA and I have sent them an email.