Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Blackbox and workbee ?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by WR_Rider, Apr 21, 2019.

1. WR_Rider

WR_Rider New
    Builder

Hi
    I'm building a workbee cnc. I'm thinking using the blackbox controller with it. It appears I might be able to mount the blackbox on the z axis. So I'm wondering what happens to the power supplies and the power lead to and from the B.B.? Does it just hang off the back or will it be routed thru the drag chain? I'm trying to figure out my wire needs for it so I can place an order.

Thanks

2. NthAxisWorkshop

Builder

Howdy! I own the 1 m x 1 m lead screw model. You probably don't want to mount the controller on the z, more likely you mean the x. Also, take into account that you'll be running a lot of wires through that one X drag chain and will still need to power the tool. Optionally, you could install the controller a short distance away from the cutting area of the machine...perhaps even underneath a nearby worktable in a spot you can see the trouble indicators at a glance. It lessens the load on the steppers / tool and helps prevent flying debris from accumulating in the controller unless you also have a dust collection system in place and even then, the dust!

sharmstr likes this.