Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Black box for cars..

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by ramon54, May 9, 2016.

1. ramon54

ramon54 New
    Builder

Hi all.. I am in the last stage of my new project, "black box for cars". I have designed it's operation somewhat similar to the black box using in aircrafts. The system almost works good enough and some final modifications are there. I have approached the custom sheet metal fabricators Bayview Metals for making the box. But when I reached there I have little bit confused about the metal to be chosen for my black box. What type of metals is perfect for such systems? What all things I have to notice while I make it as a finished product? Please reply me.

2. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Hello @ramon54.

So you have a box design, and that box design is based on certain materials that you picked before designing the box (stainless steel would be common). Presuming you used some simulation of impact, immersion and temperature it can take, plus most important, protects the storage devices extremely well.

But... When I read your question, I see that you have no clue on the design of the box. You have probably only made the electronics, firmware/program, and I hope your business plan. In this case you will need an engineering bureau to design the "drive recorder" housing. There is no way that the community of OpenBuilds can help you with the short question above. We might give you some tips but you need to give us as much information possible about what you try to accomplish. Still, this forum is more a hobby forum than an engineering help desk so the amount of help would be scarce.

Don't give up hopes! There is always a way! :thumbsup:

-Ronald

#2 Ronald van Arkel, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016