Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Black 20mmx40mmx500mm extrusions are actually 505mm

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tim Pierce, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Tim Pierce

Builder

Hi there, I've created a series of upgrade part sets to add Openbuilds extrusions to the Lulzbot Taz 5 printer. The Y axis in particular: Openbuilds v-slot Y axis for Lulzbot TAZ 3, 4 or 5 printers by piercet requires two of your 500mm long 20mm x 40mm extrusions and is starting to become a somewhat popular modification.Unfortunatly, I am getting reports that at least 6 users who have ordered rails recieved lenghts of 505mm, not 500mm. The first set I ordered for my prototype were fine, but it seems that most of the rails ordered since of that particular length and color combination are slightly too long.

Can you please check your inventory, and fix any that are out of tolerance? Thank you!

Tim

2. Guy Barton

Builder

I ordered the parts for Tim's upgrades as well. My 20 x 40mm parts are the correct length, however, my 20 x 60mm rail is 3mm too long.

3. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

(mostly) All the OpenBuilds V-slots are actually a little bit longer than stated. It's made like that to allow people to do a cut or two without getting awkward lengths due to the blade thickness