Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BCNC Wpos not changing

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Stewart McMillan, May 26, 2018.

1. Stewart McMillan

Builder

Hi All,
    I have just finished my first build of a mini mill and struggling to BCNC to do what i want (or understand it).

My main issue is the Wpos. After homing the machine I can set the G54 position, but the Wpos dose not reflect the change. The Mpos and Wpos values alway remain the same.

This then effect the graphical view and doesn't so the tool path in the right position to the G54 (or work space position)

I have set the machine to home at the right rear. see home setup below,

I have changed the BCNC config to show the work are in negative. So graphically it looks correct.

then if i load a tool path its shown out side of the work area.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. ( a few late night searching and testing has got me now where).

## Endstops
    # See endstops [Smoothieware]
    endstops_enable true # The endstop module is enabled by default and can be disabled here
    #corexy_homing false # Set to true if homing on a hbot or corexy
    #alpha_min_endstop 1.24^ # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
    alpha_max_endstop 1.25^ # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
    alpha_homing_direction home_to_max # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
    alpha_min 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
    alpha_max 115 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set
    #beta_min_endstop 1.26^ # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
    beta_max_endstop 1.27^ # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
    beta_homing_direction home_to_max # Or set to home_to_max and set beta_max and uncomment the beta_max_endstop
    beta_min 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
    beta_max 195 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set
    #gamma_min_endstop 1.28^ # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
    gamma_max_endstop 1.29^ # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
    gamma_homing_direction home_to_max # Or set to home_to_max and set gamma_max and uncomment the gamma_max_endstop
    gamma_min 80 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
    gamma_max 0 # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set

upload_2018-5-27_12-9-16.png
    upload_2018-5-27_12-16-31.png

2. Stewart McMillan

Builder

sorry guys. i found the issue. i did not set smoothie as the connection type.

MaryD and GrayUK like this.