Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BBX32 + YL620-A VFD

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Matiss, May 23, 2024.

1. Matiss

Matiss New
    Builder

Hello,

I've been running Blackbox X32 + YL620-A + 1.5kw spindle for quite some time now and I love it, great combo.

However, recently managed to fry my VFD by starting the spindle while surfacing bit was touching the wasteboard.
    Now I have received a replacement VFD (this one is 2021 version, previous one was 2015), wired just like the previous one, but can not figure out the settings to run it from BBx32.
    • Have verified that the Spindle and VFD work in manual mode where I adjust the speed from VFD.
    • Programmed the VFD according to this post.
    • Have wired the BBx32 to the VFD like in the attached picture.
      wiring.jpg
    When I turn on the tool/change the speed from Openbuilds control, I see that the frequency on VFD changes, as if the tool was running, so I'm pretty sure it's receiving the 0-10v signal. Just for some reason the VFD is not starting the actual tool.

Anyone has an idea what could be the issue?

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check your VFD manual, somewhere it will have a parameter to configure Freq Source (Correct, set to 0-10v thats why you see it changing) but also a Run Source (might be currently set to onboard buttons, needs to be changed to Terminals as well, so it checks the FWD pin instead of the front panel RUN button)

3. Matiss

Matiss New
    Builder

Thanks for your reply Peter!
    Turned out to be more simple than I expected - I had overlooked this parameter:
    P00.15 = 1 ; Disable External Terminal (Factory Default=1)

Changed that to 0 and everything works fine again!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.