Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Any Universal Build plate missing holes work around available?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by DarkAlchemist, Dec 29, 2014.

1. DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist Well-Known
    Builder

It would be nice if this plate had at least 2 more holes or even a 3d printer plate because in the 3d world all we need is three wheels not four and in actuality four wheels adds nothing but more parts, wear and tear, and friction. As hard as I looked at this plate I cannot see a way to use only three wheels and use the belt loop holes too. I am not even sure what those three middle holes are for because they are not in the proper position for wheels using a v-slot in the middle of that plate.

Any help and/or guidance about this is appreciated because I am stuck. Sure, I can drill out more holes but the point is this is supposed to be a universal build plate and having to ask an end user to drill out two holes (actually they would be elongating two of the three center holes) is not something that should be done.

What this plate will end up being used for is the Y movement with the bed affixed in a fashion I have not determined yet (trying not to use drills of any kind in the final build).

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check out the new 20mm V Plate you can do the 3 wheels on this one.
    You can also use 3 wheels on the larger 20-80mm V-Slot gantry plate.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    If need be maybe you could mount one of these to the universal build plate?
    Hope that helps and thank you for the feedback
    Mark

3. DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist Well-Known
    Builder

The second one is a bit much for my needs but that first one is most excellent.

Thank you. :)