Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

All steppers acting almost dead

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by ATrom1, Jun 16, 2023.

1. ATrom1

ATrom1 New
    Builder

5D6B6B3B-C145-4FCE-9292-9D73C2662A9E.jpeg F8DF435A-E4DC-455F-A9AB-C9AD2AC62E4B.jpeg AE581DC4-7E3C-456A-AF4B-69297B627553.jpeg Hi!
    I’ m currently building my cnc router, and I’m having problems with my steppers. I have 4 ldomotors nema 23 high torque steppers that all behave the same : when instructed to move, for example 10mm on the openbuilds software, they buzz for a fraction of time, be dead the whole time they are supposed to do something, buzz again at the end (like a little « zz ») while having achieved no step/rotation at all… all 4 of them. I’m using a 24V weho power supply set on 230V (I live in europe) and a blackbox x32. Wiring seems fine, I have continuity where it should be, no short circuits, my stepper should be wired ok too, according to the guide somewhere in the x32 documentation on openbuilds. I tried tweaking the screws on the side of the box to adjust the current but it doesn’t make any difference… any help? Something I might have done wrong ? Or forgot to check ?
    Thanks a lot ! : )

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

EDIT;- Thank you Peter, have deleted the incorrect info (must drink more coffee before posting)
    Alex.

#2 Alex Chambers, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    ATrom1 likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

False. You don't have to select anything, Grbl Settings already knows. Just select a machine from the list (don't forget the Save and Reset when Prompted
    Also incorrect BlackBox 4X was $4=1 but the X32 should be $4=0

Also follow all setup documentation (don't skip section 7.1 of the BlackBox docs)

ATrom1 likes this.
  4. ATrom1

ATrom1 New
    Builder

I kinda screwed up that setup part. Loading a preset profile seems to make them work ! However, $4 needs to be set to 0 for me.
    Thank you !