Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Aligning the spindle on an Ooznest OX CNC knockoff

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by DarkPenguin, Jul 21, 2018.

1. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Well-Known
    Builder

What is the best way to do this?

I have a 400w Chinese spindle with the 58mm mount (or 55. not sure.). The mount is a bit iffy and I have it attached kinda iffy. Is there a mod I can do to this to make it adjustable? Or should I just try shimming the motor in the mount with kapton tape until I get it right?

Feels like a couple of well placed grub screws would do wonders....

2. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Well-Known
    Builder

The mount is poorly made but I have the top of it parallel to the x axis. Same for the 4020 it is connected to. (Well the run along that is perpendicular but it is where it should be.) Was thinking of trying to shim the mount. Could also try filing it but that seems like a great way to have no mount.

3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

4. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Well-Known
    Builder

I have an idea as to the problem. One of the y stepper drivers stopped working. The jumpers for the steps and whatnot were not actually soldered to the board. Since one of those needs to be jumperd for it to do anything that's a problem.

3 bigfoot drivers fried so far. This one I don't think is my fault. Was wondering why it started to drag that side of the gantry.