Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

about to start my c-beam build

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Elhanan, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Elhanan

Elhanan New
    Builder

hi... so i'm about to start my c-beam build soon, and based on my tevo experience, i'm assuming it won't be easy, i'll be basing my build on this video

so i was wondering any general tips i should know about ? (for example on tevo group everyone keeps saying replace the spring washers with flat ones or you'll brake the acrylic)

but aside from that i was wondering, can i use this board as the table and waste board he's talking about on 37:10 ? it's 1.8 and not 1.3 cm
    further more, why use 30.5x30.5 cm when the build area is 35x28 cm ?
    [​IMG]

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The only things you really need to check with this system are to make sure the ends of the extrusions are cut square and that the base cross members are not longer than the X-axis C-beam. The extrusions are cut on the fly at the factory and should not be assumed to be perfect. There are several threads and posts on the subject. You may find reading back through the comments in the C-beam threads to be beneficial.

3. Elhanan

Elhanan New
    Builder

and the wood,? i've been reading around about wood choices for spoiler boards and it seems MDF is always preferable.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The image you provided is not displaying on my computer so I'm not sure what you are referencing but MDF is pretty much the crowd favorite as it cuts cleanly. As for board size I can't answer as I haven't built one of these.

5. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

Let us know how your build goes!