Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

A simple question about blackbox

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by DavidCNC2017, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DavidCNC2017

Builder

Hi All

I have a very simple, however I think important question.

Recently I finished to assemble my control box, using Arduino board with 4 drivers DQ 542 MA.

The size of my control box is pretty large, because the drivers are rather big in sizes.

So, I would like to know what is the better (except of dimensional point) to have this tiny blackbox, or to have DQ 542 MA drivers.

I want to clarify, that I do not interested if blackbox has any other additional futures, except of driving motors, because I already have all possible futures in my box. Here I speak exceptionally from the motor drivers point of view.

Thank You.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

About the same as the BlackBox
    BlackBox is just a lot easier for beginners (no need to wire up drivers, and boards and accesories, etc)

3. DavidCNC2017

Builder

Thank You for the answer. If it is the same in terms of current and precision may I will cancel my project and just purchase blackbox.
    However it is a little bit pity to throw away already ready to work my box :(

IMG_2651.JPG

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If you are already up and running with it, why not keep it. :) - different strokes for different okes, you don't seem to be that big target of absolute beginner that needs super easy wiring. That panel setup looks nice man