Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

80w co2 laser power supply suggestions?

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Steven Hickerson, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Steven Hickerson

Builder

Hello everyone,
    I'm building a new laser cutter and looking at getting one of these tubes for it:

80W CO2 Laser Tube for Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Water Cooling 1230mm 718174127743 | eBay

I know it's probably not the highest quality of tube, but I can't afford one of the really high end tubes lol. So going with what I can afford for now. Based on the size of it, it should at least be a true 80 watt tube though. I see a lot of the cheaper listings claiming a certain wattage but the tube length is way shorter than what a tube of that rating would be. If my research is correct an 80 watt tube should be 80mm diameter and 1200mm long.

Anyway, that said, does anyone have suggestions on a power supply for that tube? Again here I'm looking to go as cheap as I can but get something that will work. If it has a shorter life expectancy than a high dollar one, that is fine. I'll spend what I can now, and when I have more I'll upgrade it. I'm seeing a lot of the supplies on ebay that say they are for 80 watt tubes but then have max input power of like 400 watts. I'm guessing this tube is going to draw around 500 - 600 watts. Basing that purely on knowing a 60 watt tube draws around 400, and this one is 33% more powerful so 33% more power right? hehe

Thanks!