Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

2 CNC's with Different OpenBuilds Controllers, 1 PC

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by RAMoner, Jul 16, 2024.

1. RAMoner

RAMoner New
    Builder

I now have (2) CNC's. (#1) CNC (OpenBuilds Lead 1010) uses a regular or older BlackBox Controller. Works Great no issues. My new (#2) CNC is a Ball Screw Driven B-U-L-K-M-A-N 1500x1500 with a Spindle and I am using an OpenBuilds X32 Controller... did not even consider the SPARKS Unit. . I want to load a different instance of the OpenBuilds software, into separate Folders, for each controller as I only have one PC, but when I try to load the OpenBuildsCONTROL software wants to load in the current folder and I cannot seem to change the Folder destination. Do I have to load one OpneBuildsCONTROL instance and just keep loading separate Config Files every time I start up? Was hoping to be able to just be able to have two separate installs and keep them separate.

Please let me know. Thanks

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The config is stored on the controllers. No need to load them.

Macros and settings like what probe you are using are stored in chromium so you might have to adjust those.

3. RAMoner

RAMoner New
    Builder

So what your saying is, it is really a function of which controller your connected to and independent of the OpenbuildsCONTROLLER software. Correct?
    Not sure what CHROMIUM is can you explain?
    Regards.

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

Yes. GRBL settings on read from the controller. (everything you see in the grbl tab)

Chromium is the 'browser' that Control runs. It saves some Control specific settings like which probe you are using and what macros you have added.

5. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

I have a bunch of custom stuff in mine, but this should give you an understanding of what it saves to the application.

upload_2024-7-17_20-8-22.png

6. RAMoner

RAMoner New
    Builder

great ... txs for the help.