Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

12 roller gantry set

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by kunaal_5768, Jul 8, 2019.

1. kunaal_5768

Builder

Hello all !!
    My name is kunaal, and i have made this 12 roller gantry set using customised plastic spacer blocks. the original plan is to use it for heavy duty for the vertical actuation of 6kg arm like structure. The problem i am facing with this is that ,though the movement is achieved, all the rollers are not in contact with the railing, the eccentrics are of no use in my design though i implemented them. i have attached a few photos for better understanding. Can this be rectified , i need some expert advice. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Which wheels are not touching? I had a look at your design - the eccentrics you have used will tilt the axes of the wheelsets slightly - if you want to adjust them evenly towards/away from the V slot you would need to have eccentrics at each end of the V wheel axle.
    Alex.

3. kunaal_5768

Builder

yes, the lateral wheels are all good, but coming to the top and bottom wheels, as you said the eccentrics are not that effective. the load to be attached on one gantry plate is nearly 6 kilograms , so all the load is falling on the 4 lateral wheels, and there will be moment also, as the 6kg load is attached at a distance of 200 mm. My question is, can the lateral wheels take up the load and still function ? And the only solution for the other wheels(top and bottotm), is to use eccentrics on either side the wheels' axle to expect its purpose, right ?