This one is a follow up on my Dead Star project. The video shows how the painting part is done. I still have a lot to learn.
- Machine Type:
- CNC Router
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- Feeds & Speeds:
Bellow is a small recap on what i did:
- Vectorized Kylo Ren Helmet
- Created a Vcarve toolpath in aspire
- Routed and sanded the surface
- Added Gesso so it will prevent the MDF to absorb to much paint. Let it rest.
- Mixed Acrylic paint + PVA glue + Water. Look for heavy cream consistency
- Mixed all colors in layers into a single cup
- Drop the cup onto the MDF and rotate to help cover the hole surface
Its also a good moment to mention that in the video im using "soon" to be released CNC machine designed by @Kyo and will be distributed by Openbuilds in the store. Great design - Great Machine - I LOVE IT