Making stuff with ribs is always nice, for me its just like lego or similar. Hope you enjoy the video.
- Machine Type:
- Laser / Plasma
- Fusion / Slice
- Machine Time:
- Feeds & Speeds:
- 3mm Ply
This is a fairly simple process to learn. The basics are the foloing:
- Get you interested shape, that can me an animal, vase, bowl or in this case a lamp shade. I designed my own in Fusion 360
- Export it to Slice for Fusion 360. Here you'll need to choose:
- Material thickness
- Assembly type. I choose Radial.
- Amount of slices, vertical and horizontal. I choose 2.
-You can tweak direction of cut, location of ribs and slot type ( dog bone available )
- Review manufacturing Settings
- Review the cut sheets and then Export the files
At this point you cut the sheets base on the manufacturing style, Just make sure to mark each rib location for later assembly.
Assembly is very straightforward, just add a little glue.
IMPORTANT: The top circle center hole was modified for the socket size i have, you need to do so. In any case i have added the shape in stl so you can try it for yourselves.