- Machine Type:
- Laser / Plasma
- Illustrator / LaserWeb4
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- Laser 0.1mm
- Feeds & Speeds:
- Mostly 10mm/s
- 3mm Acrylic
This is a really simple project that should make everybody life's easier in the shop. Not my invention for sure but i did designed this one from the ground.
I have mark this one as intermediate since it requires you to calibrate the speed and power of your laser the get the cone shaped hole as seen bellow. Any changes from the ones i used in the attached LaserWeb4 workspace will change the shape and size of the hole or you can do that yourself to accommodate a thickness pencil or pen.
So how did i achieve this shape? Using a greyscale circle image so the laser need to adjust power based on how dark is the color ( gradient ).
In essence this is what i did:
- Loaded a 3mm transparent sheet to the laser ( expanded K40 #UK40OB project )
- Created several operations as follows:
- Raster operation for the grayscale 3mm circle
- Cut operation for a small 1mm inside the grayscale circle
- Cut operation very low power to mark the lines
- Laser fill path operation to engrave the number
- Cut operation for the perimieter
Of course this can be done with a cnc router and a very fine tipped bit, i just did not have one of those.
- Project SVG
- LaserWeb4 workspace