As this was my first time milling aluminum i wanted to make something that could be used in happy moments, and what could be better than an bottle opener
- Machine Type:
- CNC Router
- Illustrator / LaserWeb4
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- 1/8" / 3.175mm mill end downcut
- Feeds & Speeds:
- 10 mm/s Feed / 1 mm/s Plunge / Speed #2 Dewalt 611
- Aluminum 1/8" / 3mm
The process is as follows:
- Cut a piece of aluminum a little bigger tan the desired piece, drill holes in the corners to be clamp it
- Make sure your piece is leveled by running the router bit over the surface, since you are clamping it different force affects it
- Load up the design and create operations accordingly. I used Mill cut inside for all inner and Mill cut outside with tabs for the perimieter
- Its imperative to go slow. I have very good success once i got the settings above dialed in.
- When finished remove the tabs and file the edges. Be careful aluminum can be very sharp
- Lastly sand the surface. I did this starting with 220 all the way to 1500
Hope you like it and if you make one make sure to let me know.
Included in the files you will find the LaserWeb4 workspace. You can load it up and see how i prepared the operations.