- Rhino, Laserweb4
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- 1/8" - 3.175mm
- Feeds & Speeds:
- Hardwood strips
It was time to use some of the hardwood strips i ripped some time ago and there was no better way than making some coasters with my family name letter.
The process was as follows:
- Ripped some hardwood and the glued up alternating the species
- Reduce to your desired thickness, i went with 8mm after slicing the piece in the saw and then leveling it with a surfacing bit on the cnc
- Draw your desired shape on your favorite cad / drawing app. Coasters are usually 90mm to 100mm
- Create operations in Laserweb4. Pocket 1mm for the Y letter and then an outside cut
- Mix resin with pigment powder and carefully pour into the pockets.
- Sand surface to get the resin to be flush with the rest of the surface
- Add some finish and sealer
Beginner Hardwood Coasters
At Home Project created by Ariel Yahni, Feb 27, 2018
Share this Project
Kyo, Mark Carew and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
Sort Comments By