- Rhino, Laserweb4
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- 1/8" - 3.175mm
- Feeds & Speeds:
- Hardwood strips
It was time to use some of the hardwood strips i ripped some time ago and there was no better way than making some coasters with my family name letter.
The process was as follows:
- Ripped some hardwood and the glued up alternating the species
- Reduce to your desired thickness, i went with 8mm after slicing the piece in the saw and then leveling it with a surfacing bit on the cnc
- Draw your desired shape on your favorite cad / drawing app. Coasters are usually 90mm to 100mm
- Create operations in Laserweb4. Pocket 1mm for the Y letter and then an outside cut
- Mix resin with pigment powder and carefully pour into the pockets.
- Sand surface to get the resin to be flush with the rest of the surface
- Add some finish and sealer