- Machine Type:
- CNC Router
- Illustrator / LaserWeb4
- Bit or Laser Size:
- 1/8" / 3.175mm mill end downcut
- Feeds & Speeds:
- Acrylic painted 1/2" MDF
This project is actually the result of a " technique " im trying to learn called Dirty Pour. Dont let the name fool you, is not that easy to pour various colors of acrylic paint and get something looking good without mixing the colors and getting just mud.
Anyway, most people doing this will just pour something on top to fix it.... im just not your average Joe
So the process is very simple here:
- Designed the shape in illustrator. Not my original idea but got to make it my own
- Loaded the file in LaserWeb4 and created a couple of operations. Source files included bellow
- Got your piece clamped to the bed. I used my recently published P clamps
- Pressed play and stood there hypnotized as it was being cut.
Yes I had to use that name, you know my friend George would not approve otherwise