- Machine Type:
- CNC Router
- Vectric Aspire 9 / LaserWeb4
- Machine Time:
- Bit or Laser Size:
- 1/8" - 3.175mm Boll Nose
- Feeds & Speeds:
- 50 IPM / 21 mm/s
Spindle at Dewalt 611 #1
- 21mm Oak. Any material with similar thickness will work with the gcode provided.Getting myself ready for Valentine's and i wanted to give my wife something special. So special that i had note tried before... 3D carving 2 sides.
Decided to give Aspire 9 a try since it now offers some special options to easily achieve this.
The video goes to trough the process in Aspire and then the carving itself.
- Add a new document to aspire, setup your stock size. Make sure you select "Double Side"
- Import your graphics, use the vectorize options if needed
- Go to the modeling tab and choose " Create shape from vectors "
- Play with the settings to achieve the desired shape.
- Once done a Components will be created. Right click on it and choose "Copy to other side".
- From here go to create toolpath. I used 3D finishing only, the correct would be to use a roughing toolpath first.
- Make sure you create a toolpath for each side.
- Export gcode and then send to the machine
** Please note that i did not use any dowels to register my stock and make sure it was aligned once i flipped it. I should have as it moved very slightly.