This is a work in progress, nearing completion
I have attached my BOM to the files section, I will add the .stl's when I have a chance. It has been quite a learning experience sourcing and determining what parts I wanted to use. I knew that I wanted to base this on a mighyboard, mostly to make it compatible with my current clone. Blue parts are PETG from esun. Black parts are ABS. Printed 40% rectangle infill with 4 shells. 4 top and bottom floors.
- model strain relief for X axis endstop
Long term To-Do
- model/produce dashboard - two small enclosures vrail mounted, one for LED controller
- model/produce vrail wiring inlet - tunnel entrance to the vrail slot covers, hiding wiring in the grooves
- rotate motherboard - floor is acrylic, there's some blinky lights that could be seen if it were face up
- model/produce umbilical strain relief - I believe I will add to the Y endstop an anchor for the umbilical, same for backside of XY gantry plate.
Produce Assembly instruction
Based on the work of Carl Feniak and his C-Bot. A robust Core XY style 3D printer that has a clean parallel belt implementation and whose dimensions are adaptable to meet builder's needs. The use of open builds V-slot and other open hardware make customization easy. Utilizing a 300x300 build plate this derivation utilizes three lead screws, synced to a single motor via gt2 belt
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution - CC BY
Reason for this BuildI wanted to build an enclosable core xy printer, based on the Mightyboard and the Sailfish firmware