- TWIN X Axis rails, No more X axis TWIST.
- TWIN T12 (12mm) lead screws drive every axis, X, Y and Z
- High Z capability, 12mm twin screws drive the X axis up and down.
- T12 Lead nuts power the drive train, say goodbye to machine chatter and lead screw whip
- Torsion bearings on the X and Y axes, eliminates lead screw whip
- All gantry plates are custom designed to be in unison with the machine.
- M8 bolts on all wheel sets
- Unique sled gantry houses the spindle and optional Rack / Pinion drive
- Twin Nema motors on every drive axis for more force
- Plate reinforced supports attach to the inner bed profiles and the inner C-Beams on the Y Axis, ensuring further rigidity for Y C-Beams.
- The Sled overhang acts as a dust protector for the wheels (the overhang is where the optional linear guides fit)
- Minimal Spindle hang eliminates spindle 'wobble'
- Cable Chain support on the X axis
- The design ensures all weight is balanced on the Y arms, for smoother motion
Optional Build Design
Unique Sled Design
- 12mm Ball Screw option
- Optional Linear rail and linear guide upgrade build designed (being tested) , no wheels, simpler assembly!
- Fixed Z Gantry sled design as shown incorporated with High Y arms, for machining low or high
- Sled with standard Z gantry, for those makers who would never machine high, Fixed Y arms.
Anti-Twist Design, larger lead screws, enhanced M8 wheel sets.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution NonCommercial - CC BY NC
Reason for this BuildMost Openbuilds kits suffer from the same problem. Larger builds need more rigidity, this kit provides that.