Simple Swing Arm Build for the Modular Table Series
Here we go over a build for a quick and inexpensive swing arm for your vacuum hoses and router cords, etc.
This swing arm pivots and swings over your machine keeping your vacuum hose and router cord, etc. up and out of the way
'Its the best thing since sliced bread!'
The cost for the swing arm is less then 20 bucks with most parts from your local hardware store. As well as the Swing Arm, I also go over the vacuum setup I have in case you would like to use the same system.
'Clean and Tidy Work Space'
VIDEO SHOW AND TELL
Check out this short video to see how everything is hooked up
(1) With a hacksaw cut a length of conduit at 65"
(2) With a hacksaw cut a length of conduit at 34" or 20" depending on your table size
(3) You can either drill a 1/2" hole over the center of the 40x40 V-Slot
or cut a 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" square out to access the center of the 40x40 V-Slot
(4) Insert the vertical 65" piece of conduit into the center of the 40x40 V-Slot
(5) Add a coupling to the end and insert the 90 degree elbow
(6) Add another coupling and insert the horizontal piece of conduit
(34" for the 1515 table and 20" for the 1010 table)
(7) Jog your machine to the far right front corner
(8) Connect the vacuum hose to your dust shoe and route it along the conduit as shown connect using Verco straps
(9) also add your router or tools power cord along the same path
(Note: it may be easier to route the vacuum hose first then come back and add the power cord)
(10) make sure you leave enough slack to ensure that you will have plenty of hose for the Z axis to move down
Build in 'Everything Else' published by OpenBuilds, Dec 10, 2020.
Simple Swing Arm Build for the Modular Table Series. Create a simple vacuum swing arm that swings over your machine keeping your vacuum hose and router cord, etc. up and out of the way
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution - CC BY
Reason for this BuildWe wanted an easy inexpensive way to keep the work area of the machine clean and tidy
Inspired byOpenBuilds Modular Table Series
Qty Part Name Part Link Comments 1 1/2" Electrical Conduit 10' Link Local Hardware Store (Lowes) 1 1/2" 90 deg. Elbow Link Local Hardware Store (Lowes) 3 1/2" Couplings Link Local Hardware Store (Lowes) 1 Cinch Straps 1”x 12” (15 Pack) (12 inch) https://amzn.to/2KWPMBA Link 1 BuckTool Dust Collector Vacuum https://amzn.to/39FuN0E Link 1 POWERTEC 4-Inch to 2-1/2 Inch Reducer https://amzn.to/3qyuxGT Link 1 POWERTEC Flex Cuff with Hose Clamps 4-Inch https://amzn.to/37DYMDE Link