Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

      1. Build Progress:
        • Build in Progress...
      Rate This Build
      0 votes
      Inspired by @Giarc 's lathe build I decided to add a rotary axis to my Workbee.

      First problem to overcome was the lack of height under the X gantry - I decided to raise the Workbee by 40 mm with longer Y end plates and replacing the 20/40 end frames with 20/80.

      I intend to make some plates to mount the head and tailstock with an 80 mm groove underneath to register with the 20/80 bed supports, which will lay flat instead of vertical. I haven't decided whether to orient the Rotary axis on the Y or X axis of the workbee so those plates are still a work in progress.

      So far I have designed an extended T-nut (V-slot slider) for fixing those plates to the bed support and designed and cut 3 out of the 4 longer Y end plates needed.

      ) Long Y end plate left v10.png Long Y end plate right v2.png V-slot slider B v0.png end plate right 3.JPG

      Attached Files:

      Giarc, Mark Carew, GeoffH and 2 others like this.
  • Loading...
  • Build Details

    Build License:
    • CC - Attribution NonCommercial - No Derivs - CC BY NC ND
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice