My completed Mini Mill build.
Purchased a Mini Mill kit as a learning tool to accompany my upcoming Workbee build. My lovely wife and I spent a few nights putting it together after the kids went to sleep.
Photo 1 - Our very first X-Axis linear actuator!
Photo 2 - My wife & I just after the birth of out first OpenBuilds child
(Yes I do look exhausted - it was a long day even before we touched the build)
Photo 3 - The completed build
(Yes there was a mess on the table)
So - Lessons learned and observations:
- A huge thank you to Openbuilds for marking the screw sizes in felt on the little zip locks... big help
- Get yourself a METRIC tape measure....
- A long set of T-handled hex drivers speed the process up
- Watch the assembly video ... a few times beforehand (huge help)
- Do not put dinner in the oven as you send your wife to the store to buy silicon spray (she made a detour and it took over an hour)
A quick little mini mill build
- Build License:
- CERN (CERN-OHL1.2+) Open Hardware Licence
Reason for this BuildLearning CNC and a smaller work machine/project
Inspired byLots of people inspire me... where do I start?