Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

      1. Build Progress:
        • Build in Progress...
      Rate This Build
      0 votes
      Hi All!

      I am sure you have seen thousands of prusa builds, but I thought id show you all any how

      This project started when I bought a cheap eBay CTC prusa. Surprisingly, it went wrong very quickly.

      But please don't judge, I was new to this technology then.

      I decided within a week that it was rubbish... and it started.

      So, in brief, this is a run out of what I have done

      - New Prusa Steel frame
      - New carriage ways
      - New motors, wiring etc
      - Machined a J Mount for the new extruder
      - New E3D hot end
      - Bowden - Gone away from the rubbish direct drive
      - Gutted a old dell case
      - Mounted din connectors and power socket the back of the case
      - Built all the insides up to mount everything neatly
      - Machined a block/pipe styled heat sink and modified my extruder (nearly cried turning all the fins of a £100 extruder)
      - Set up liquid cooling on the system

      Since then (photos are out of date) I have switched to a 32 Bit RADDS board, along with a multitude of other changes. I am planning to switch to optic limiters and fitting a touch probe to it, when changing to the aluminium heat mat bed.

      I am in the process of manufacturing bungs for my filament spool to sit on centrally.

      Please be kind, this is my first build. I basically threw away everything from the original bought... thing.

      I ran my first print on this (haven't uploaded a photo yet) and it was superb in terms of measure and quality. Any feedback/criticism is welcome.

      I have added a copy of my radds firmware (working well) to hopefully help some people. The firmware is well support but finding answers to problems is difficult. I will be happy to share my experience setting this up with anyone :)

      Thanks for looking.


      Progress Update 01/03/18

      Titan/Lite6 Assembly to replace the old V6

      Performance has been considerably improved.


      Progress Update 03/01/19

      A lot changed. New cabinet (3 phase electrical box) that I have adapted. Got rid of the water cooling as unnecessary.

      Switched to mosfets and running a second power supply to help feed power.

      Installed a bed probe, updated bearing blocks and will shortly be switching to screws on the y and x axis.
      FunBogMan, MaryD and Psadave46 like this.
  • Loading...
  • Build Details

    Build License:
    • GNU (GPL3+) General Public Licence

    Reason for this Build

    General Interest
  • Attached Files:

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice