- Be as space efficient as possible.
- Be able to cut a 24" x 48" sheet of material.
- Self contained; everything needed to operate housed within
- As few unique extrusion lengths as possible
- Ease of assembly
Cut Travel: 650mm x 1250mm x ~100mm
Machine Dimensions: 950mm x 1430mm x 390mm
Power: 60W CO2
Controller: Ruida RDC6445G with Lightburn
Frame: Misumi 30 Series held together by a mix of printed parts and 1/4" aluminum plates.
Motion: MGN12H on X and Y, Quad 8mm lead screw on Z
Cooling: 360mm radiator with tube reservoir
Air Assist: Yes
Ventilation: Onboard vacuum with external 3" or 4" duct attachment
Estimated Cost: $1500
- I only had enough dimension information to make a very educated guess as to where the beam path will be. However, I can't design the head portion without having the unit in hand.
- After a little over two years worth of iterations, I don't think I can really do much more with it. I would like to have this completed by the end of the year.
- A detailed BOM is slowly being pieced together.
KRE CO2 2x4 Laser
Large Format CO2 Laser Cutter
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution - CC BY