Kossel 250 V-Slot 3D Printer - DIY Kit [BETA]
Smoothie has arrived!!! Say goodbye to 8bit and hello to superior 32bit quality prints.
Nothing quite captures the imagination like a Delta style 3D printer in action. The UltiBots Kossel 250 V-Slot is a fun kit to assemble and print from. It has a 250mm heated bed with an aluminum heat spreader and Kapton Heater. This kit uses a PG35L geared motor directly mounted to the effector. Our Micro Extruder is compact, lightweight, and proven. It is unlike Bowden Tube style exctruders because the filament is fed directly into the E3D Hot End. Together with V-Slot extrusion and wheels this kit is straight forward and less complicated to build compared to many FFF 3D printers.
Current lead time is 1 - 2 weeks.
This Kossel 250 V-Slot Kit uses top quality components including:
- BETA kit specifications subject to change
- Print Area = 240mm cylindrical x 235mm Peak Z*** (9.4" x 9.3") MagBall Arms
- Print Area = 220mm cylindrical x 255mm Peak Z*** (9.4" x 10") Traxxas Arms
- Useable Print Speed: 150mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- X Y Print Tolerance: 0.0125 mm (12.5 Micron)
- Layer Thickness: 100 – 400 micron depending on nozzle (.1mm - .4mm) (.004" - .016")
- Supported Filament: 1.75mm & 3mm ABS and PLA plastic filaments
- Overall Dimensions (WDH): 400mm x 400mm x 915mm (19.7in x 19.7in x 36.0in)
- Weight: 8kg (17.6lbs)
- Power Requirements: 110 - 220 VAC, comes with USA power cord
- Maximum operating temperature: 240C Extruder & 110C Heated Bed
This kit in addition, includes:
- V-Slot 2020 Aluminum Extrusions - 700mm (x3) (OpenBuilds.com)
- Misumi 2020 or V-Slot Aluminum Extrusions - 360mm (x9)
- Goodwinds 0.230 Inch Outer Diameter Pulltruded Carbon Rods
- Traxxas 5347 Arm Ends - Standard
- MagBall Arms Ends - Upgrade
- Misumi T Nuts
- E3D Lite6 Direct Hot End
- Wei Hao 24v 16a Power Supply
- 200 watt 24v Kapton heater - 240mm
- Borofloat Borosilicate Glass - 250mm
- Aluminum Heat Spreader - 250mm
- GT2 Belts - Open Ended
- eMinebea PG35L Micro Extruder Motor
- Kysan NEMA 17 Stepper Motors
- Azteeg X5 mini 32BIT All-in-one Controller V1.1 (Panucatt)
- GLCD Controller (RepRapDiscount)
- McMaster/Fastenal Stainless Steel Hardware
- ABS Printed Parts
- Pre-terminated wiring with braided sleeving
- 3 endstop kits
- Extra connectors and heatshrink for customization
- 2 cooling fans
- Power cord, receptical, switch & wiring
- USB 2.0 cable
NOTE: Non-assembled Traxxas Ends, Carbon Rods, and hardware are included by default.
- Assembled MagBall Arms - backlash free and easy extruder removal
- Assembled Traxxas Arms - when experience matters
- FSR auto calibration kit - requires leveling and calibration knowledge
- E3D v6 Hot End - allows for 300C temps = widest range of filament
We recommend these other items:
***NOTE: Not all companies publish Z height correctly. Z height varies from the Peak Z to the Perimeter Z. Be sure to research and compare TRUE Z heights. K250VS Perimeter Z heights are 190mm for Traxxas Arms and 180mm for MagBall Arms. Peak Z = max Z height when all carriages are in the home position. Perimeter Z = max Z height when the print nozzle is over the outer perimeter and one carriage is in the home position
- ABS or PLA Filament - something to print with
- NEMA Vibration Damper - for quieter printing (need 3)
- M4 Tap - needed for Traxxas arm assembly
- Ball Head Drivers - needed for motor mounting
- Metric drill bits set - needed for cleaning plastic parts
- Ratchet crimper - for clean wiring
- Basic tool kit - metric size tools
- PET tape - for ABS part adhesion on print surface
- 4oz dropper bottle - for storing "ABS Juice", recommended for ABS part adhesion
NOTE: THIS KIT IS IN BETA STATUS PRIMARILY BECAUSE THE BUILD GUIDE IS NOT YET FINALIZED. THE DESIGN IS GENERALLY STATIC BUT MINOR TWEAKS ARE EXPECTED. PERSONAL SUPPORT DURING YOUR BUILD, LEVELING, AND CALIBRATION IS AVAILABLE.
Kossel 250 V-Slot ReadMeFirst
Kossel 250 V-Slot on Thingiverse
Kossel 250 V-Slot GitHub STLs
Kossel Gallery of Prints & Printers
THIS PRINTER IS NOT AN ORDINARY PIECE OF CONSUMER ELECTRONICS. BUILDING THIS KIT REQUIRES FAMILIARZATION WITH HANDTOOLS, BASIC SOLDERING, ELECTRONICS, SOFTWARE INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION. DURING INITIAL CALIBRATION THIS KIT REQUIRES SOME PATIENCE AND PRACTICE TO SETUP AND OPERATE WELL. BEING THAT THIS KIT IS A REPRAP, THERE IS A STRONG SUPPORT COMMUNITY WITH LOTS OF EXPERIENCE AND ADVICE. AS ALWAYS ULTIBOTS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL AND ACHEIVE QUALITY PRINTS.
THIS PRINTER IS NOT A TOY AND DEATH OR INJURY / DAMAGE TO PROPERTY CAN RESULT FROM USE OR MISUSE. YOU SHOULD FULLY UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS BEFORE PURCHASING.
NOTE: Printed Parts will be printed from the same ABS filament batch to maintain color consistancy. It is possible that color differences may occur between Printed Parts and Retail Spools.
Kossel 250 V-Slot
This build is very straight forward. The design is simple. There is a great support community for Delta 3D printers.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution Share Alike - CC BY SA