- Application: Prototyping for Aerospace, Automotive
- Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling, Cartesian BOT
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Printable Materials: PLA, ABS, TPU, Nylon, PETG
- Printer Size (LxWxH): 1076mm x 1030mm x 1079mm
- Build Volume (LxWxH): 796mm x 796mm x 950mm
- Nozzle Size: 0.4mm
- Maximum Extruder Temperature: 280 degrees Celsius
- Maximum Bed Temperature: 90 degrees Celsius
- Maximum Print Speed: 150mm/s
- Frame: Anodized Aluminium V-Slot,
- Anodized Aluminium Double V-Slot
- Anodized Aluminium 4 x 4 x 2 Equal L-Beam
- Firmware: Marlin
Design and Performance Evaluation of A Large FDM 3D Printer
Build in 'Cartesian Style Bots' published by Oluwatobi, Nov 2, 2018.
This build includes the design of a large FDM 3D printer. This machine has a 796mm by 796mm by 900mm (LxWxH) build volume. Motion is controlled by servo motors and the printer runs on python-based marlin firmware.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution NonCommercial - No Derivs - CC BY NC ND
Reason for this BuildI decided to build this machine after I detected a need for industrial-grade FDM 3D printers within the African market.
I'm of the opinion that in the near future, the need to buy and replace parts of industrial 3D printers within Africa would be great. Importing from outside Africa would not be sustainable.
When fully built, this will be the largest industrial FDM 3D printer manufactured in West Africa.